I think that I woke up this morning a grown up. Not quite an adult, but definitely more grown up. I realized all of the things that I want from life, and more importantly that I am willing to stop at nothing to get them. It is comforting knowing that you have everything you need inside of yourself to be all that you could be, and that you know you will stop at nothing to use every piece of your God given skills to be it.
My mom has always told me that I have a fairy sitting on my shoulder. A little spark of luck that seems to follow me around, using her powers when I absolutely need them most. Sometimes saving me, other times moving me forward, but always helping me tackle some challenging feat. I think I found out who she is today... She is a mix of karma and drive. I send all the positivity I can out in to the world. I am nice to people, sometimes even more than they deserve. I trust people, and I give them everything I have until they no longer deserve it. I think the universe is aware of this fact, and makes sure that I am rewarded when I want it most. My drive doesn't hurt either. When I want something, I get it. There is no stopping me. Why would there be? In a world where everything is arms length away, why would I not reach out my hand and take it? There is no excuse not to go after anything you want. At worst, you don't get it. And then you are exactly where you started, only now you know that you tried.
I woke up today knowing that I am going to be everything I want one day. I may never be the skinniest, funniest, smartest, or prettiest girl there is, but I will live my life being the best version of me that I can. And that is even better than anything. Why be a semi decent version of someone else when I have all the potential in the world to be the best me? And that is exactly what I am going to do. I am going to take every opportunity in the world I receive to grow, and change. For growth and change is not only inevitable, it is necessary. Moving on and moving forward is the only way to learn. Learn more about the world around you, as well as the person inside of you. Everytime I learn something new about either, it is met with a smile. I have become a person that I am proud to be, especially over the passed year and a half, and I can't wait to see where this intelligent, kind, giving, and beautiful girl takes me over the next little while. Not only do I know that I am going to be successful one day, in every sense of the word, but I also know that getting there is going to be an amazing adventure. One that I am excited to start, and may have even already started.
Lastly, I have one hope. One thing, that while I have some say, I am not in complete control of. I hope for happiness. While wanting it every day is a bit unrealistic, I just hope for it in the sense that it is a constant thread in the story of my life. Because if someone could tell me that I am just as happy in ten years as I am right now, it would be hard to wipe the smile off of my face <3
Until we meet again...
Chel, I love you and I'm so proud of the person you are. Don't ever let anyone take that spark out of you because it's the reason I love you and look up to you in so many ways. <3
ReplyDelete