This one is about happiness, and exactly how far it can take you. Being happy can save you from a lot of things, and can change any situation for the better. The best thing about being happy is that you have the ultimate control over whether you are or not. No one else gets a say. The only way people can make you unhappy is if you let them.
I've had to check my own a lot lately, and an old friend told me something that made me remember how important it is... "You are one of the happiest people I know. Anytime I need a smile, I look to your face to steal one from you. And seeing you sad... It just doesn't feel right. Anything, or for that matter anyone, that can make the happiest person I know unhappy, well that is definitely something that I wouldn't be dealing with anymore if I was you..." And I realized that moment, that she was oh so very right about that.
Guess what. I am 22, and I only get to be that way ONCE in my life. Only once. I have the best friends I could ever have dreamed up, the most solid family on planet Earth, the sickest job any fresh out of school college grad could ask for, and I live in one of the best places in the world. What kind of person let's ANYTHING make that seem bad? Well let me tell you something... Not this girl anymore :)
"You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world, but you do have some say in who hurts you." -John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

No comments:
Post a Comment