For my very first post of this new blog, which I was inspired to do by my other Chelsea, I thought it only appropriate to recap the ridiculous roller coaster that has been this winter break. Returning to school tomorrow, I am definitely going to have some stories to tell about this one.
I learned a lot of things, both about life and about myself, in this short period that I was home. One of the most important things I have come to understand is that sometimes when things go wrong, you just have to let yourself hurt for a while. Eventually things get better, but healing takes a lot more time if you try and fill your heart with other people and things. While it may feel better right away, eventually reckless actions catch up with you, and only leave you more hurt to work through. I definitely made the mistake of trying to quick fix my problems, but having learned from it has left me with no regrets.
To end, I would just like to mention the five people that made this winter break absolutely fabulous. Without these people, I may never have survived it, and each one of them reassured me why they are each so special to me.
#5- Mckenna Jane
This girl has the strange ability to put a smile on my face when I forget that I have the ability to be happy. She is th funniest, sassiest, most sarcastic girl I know, and I am thankful EVERY SINGLE DAY that she is my baby sister. Spending every night in my room with me while I get ready, picking out my shoes, and trying on all the ones Idecide not to wear along the way, there is no better pregame than getting ready with her. She always reminds me that being who I am is the most important thing of all, and anyone that doesn't accept that just isn't worth my time. I love you little nugget <3
#4- Chelsea My Soulmate
Lord only knows how I have survived this long without her in my life! It hasn't even been a year yet, but I am so much happier knowing that I have her to fall back on whenever I may need her. She is a hand to grab whenever I find myself falling, and a constant reminder of the type of friend I deserve to have to be happy. I will forever be grateful that the cosmos brought us together this year, and will always find comfort in the fact that for forever, I will have my soulmate <3
#3- Christian Hauser
The amount of fun I seem to find with him never ceases to amaze me. He is quite possibly the best guy friend I could ever ask for, and no one on this planet has the ability to make me laugh as much as he does. While he always seems to think I am the better friend, the comfort of knowing he is always there to make me smile or embark on an adventure is good enough for me. I look forward, as always, to the fun times that are forever ahead with one of my favorite guys of all time. Especially in our amazing looking glasses <3
#2- Maggie Leigh & Kaylee
Just when I needed to be pulled from my rut, the Landry girls arrived!!!! I didn't know that I had it in me to party as hard as I did, but I am so happy that these two found it in me and made it come out!! From Tao, to Ghostbar, to Surrender, and all the boys in between, these girls kept me smiling, drinking, and dancing the entire time! Thank God Kaylee turned 21, because I can not wait for our next Vegas adventure. Thank you, to both of these girls, for bringing a smile back to my face, and for giving me the best last weekend I could ever imagine! Love you both <3
#1- Alle Bear
Last but not least, the girl that made my winter break what it is. Even though we started hanging out later into break, we certainly made up for lost time! From playing endless amounts of Sequence & Peg It, to holding me up on a rock crying, I am so thankful to have spent my break with one of my absolute best friends. Even though I am not always the best at showing it to her, this girl means the world to me. Always there when I need her, and never judging if my stupidity or craziness, I honestly don't know that I could've survived these past weeks without her. I love you to the moon and back my Alle Bear, and I am counting down the minutes until we are reunited <3
So there you have it. My break in a nutshell, and some of the people that made it the amazing time that it was. I have one thing left to say. It is the thing that I have found myself constantly thinking, and I am slowly working to make it something I constantly do. My favorite thing to tell myself everyday-
"The most important place to find happiness is within yourself. If you give that ability to others, then your opportunity for disappointment will be greater. No one knows how you feel or who you are better than you do, so no one else should be responsible for either. As long as you know how to make yourself happy, then all you need to do is do it. Note to self, stop giving other people the ability to so deeply effect you."
Until we meet again <3






Welcome to the blogging world, Chel! I love your playlist and how all three of those songs remind me of you! Can't wait to keep reading about you and your beautiful exciting life!
ReplyDelete