Saturday, January 28, 2012

Some people make their way into your heart unexpectedly, others are born there. Then there are those people that are somewhere in between. Sometimes you start out as just two people that love each other due to obligation. Like here is this person, so far removed from you by age that they are just this little bundle of love that you were born to protect. However, as you get older, you begin sharing things that make you even closer.

Occasionally, there is a break. Not necessarily between the two of you, but an event that shatters the two of you. So deeply affecting you both that you have no choice but to turn to each other. In a matter that you both so desperately wish you could fix, but have absolutely no control over, you find yourselves suddenly closer than you ever were before. Even though something you both share is so broken your heart literally aches when you think of it, you still find a way to grow stronger.

This person for me is my cousin Samantha. She has somehow become this grown up girl, and I have no idea how it happened. Nine days younger than my brother, she has been my little cousin for the passed 17 and a half years of my life. Although lately we've been sharing a hard common fight, I can not appreciate enough the bonding time we've had trying to fix it.  The texts from this girl always have me laughing, and a hug from her can completely change my day. I am so proud of the strides she has made to become an amazing person, and I know that she will continue growing until she is young, rich and famous.

If there is one thing I could tell my beautiful little cousin it would be to keep your chin up. No matter where life takes you, you keep that beautiful smile on your face. You have more potential than you even realize, and you have the ability to take yourself all the places you want to go. No matter who tells you otherwise, I will always be here. Believing in you, and always cheering you on from the sidelines. And hopefully, someday soon, doing the PR for your famous badass self <3


And most importantly... I am never too far away if you need me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment